An obsolescent and overloaded short circuit on the part of the electrical wiring power were believed to be the causes of a house fire in Kampung Sungai Hanching, yesterday. No injuries were reported in the incident.

The Fire and Rescue Department received a distress call at around 3:55 in the afternoon and were able to contain the fire in 7 minutes. The loss was estimated at 65 thousand dollars. The Fire and Rescue Department advised the public not to overload electrical appliances, ensure that all wirings are in good condition and carry out inspections by an authorised and qualified company. The public is also advised to ensure that the house is equipped with fire prevention equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire blankets and smoke detectors. In case of an emergency, call the 995 Hotline.

Source: Radio Television Brunei