– Minister of Health, Dr Haji Mohd Isham bin Haji Jaafar said, with the measures taken to control movement, the Sultanate will hopefully see a drop in the number of COVID-19 cases in the coming days.

The enhanced COVID-19 restrictions, Operasi Pulih, commenced at 8:00 pm yesterday and ended at 4:00 am today.

The measure, which runs until Oct 17, requires the public to remain at home from 8:00 pm to 4:00 am. Exceptions are in place for emergency and urgent matters, as well as critical frontline workers, including shift workers.

Addressing the daily press conference, the minister sought public cooperation in the fight against COVID-19. He urged all parties to play their part and complement government efforts to curb the spread of the virus.

“Let us sacrifice together for the next two weeks and cooperate with the agencies in our fight against COVID-19,” Dr Haji Mohd Isham said.

The roads and commercial areas typically abuzz at night were deserted yesterday evening, as the two-week movement restriction rule came into force. The enhanced control measure, one of the toughest the government has introduced, since the outbreak struck the nation in Mar last year, is hoped to bring down the number of COVID-19 cases in the country, which has been hard-hit since the reemergence of the second wave in Aug this year.

Dr Haji Mohd Isham announced at the press conference last Sunday that, anyone found in violation of the directive without a reasonable excuse may be subject to a BND100 compound, per person, for each offence.

Large neighbourhoods, including Kampong Perpindahan Lambak Kanan and the Mengkubau Housing Area, were notably quiet as residents adhered to the rule

 

 

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Leave a Reply