LOS ANGELES, Sept. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ —
– 80 presenting experts
– 20 conference topics and executive interviews
– Multiple news conferences
– 50,000 square feet of exhibits
– New Connected City Summit on Nov. 20
– Ford Connected Car/Connected City App Pursuit Winner selected
Connected Car Expo® (CCE), the auto industry’s authoritative gathering of automotive and technology leaders, announced today its line up of news and speakers that are helping define and shape the future of transportation.
At the Connected Car Expo, Audi and NVIDIA will demonstrate how automotive innovation and infotainment are accelerating by bringing the development cycles of cars in line with the latest consumer electronic breakthroughs. Both companies will also preview what’s to come with the next generation of Audi’s modular infotainment platform (MIB), powered by NVIDIA.
Hyundai will showcase its core interior design principles of safety, intuitiveness and simplicity inside its CCE booth. Executives will demonstrate the Genesis Intelligent Assistant, Blue Link 3.0 app, Assurance Car Care in-vehicle app, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Hyundai expects to be one of the first manufacturers to bring CarPlay and Android Auto to market.
Volvo’s "Drive Me" autonomous vehicle will also make its North American debut on the CCE show floor, with executives discussing the car’s progressive autopilot technology. Volvo will showcase the car’s autonomous lane following, speed adaption and merging traffic capabilities.
Other exhibitors presenting their latest advancements in the connected car space at CCE include (among others):
- Al & Ed’s Autosound — its Drive Safe exhibit will demonstrate the latest aftermarket products from companies, including Mobileye, that enable the used vehicle market to upgrade with the latest safety and infotainment technology
- App Annie — showcasing app analytics, market data, business insights and competitive intelligence for companies with a mobile presence in the automotive space
- Continental — demonstrating its connected car solutions that leverage the cloud and big data analytics. At CCE, Continental (together with Cisco and Pravala) will demonstrate its cloud based threat protection, multi layered firewalls, advanced connection management, seamless switching between channels and sources, and higher speeds and faster connections when connecting / bridging to devices
- Garmin — introducing Gemini, its highly scalable navigation core for automakers that provides a faster, more intuitive and feature-rich in-dash navigation experience that supports over-the-air map and software updates; Garmin is also featuring its interactive heads-up concept designed to help keep driver attention on the road
- Hertz NeverLost — showcasing its next generation in-vehicle navigation system and its ability to sync directly with NeverLost’s recently launched Companion app
- Lochbridge — highlighting elements of the "automotive-grade app factory" that will enable developers and automakers to drive in-vehicle innovation; Lochbridge is also introducing the next evolution of its LAYR infotainment concept featuring new contextual and adaptive features
- OnStar — demonstrating its newest generation of telematics with 4G LTE connectivity, which will bring integrated Wi-Fi hotspots and other enhancements to more than 30 Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC vehicles by the end of 2014; OnStar will also be illustrating the possibilities of a vehicle with an embedded high-speed data connection
- Verizon Telematics – featuring vehicle-centric and driver-centric solutions to enhance the driving and ownership experience
"Los Angeles is on the cutting-edge of automotive technology and mobility, making the Connected Car Expo the ideal place for automakers to reveal their latest vehicle technology," said LA Auto Show and CCE President, Lisa Kaz. "We’re looking forward to the exciting discussions and seeing some significant vehicle unveilings on the Show floor during Press & Trade Days."
Ford will have an important presence at CCE, featuring the company’s Connected Car-Connected City App Pursuit finalists. These finalists participated in the first phase of the Hackathon and App Pursuit at the Connected Car Expo during CTIA’s Super Mobility Week and used data generated by Ford vehicles and from the City of Los Angeles to create innovative apps. The finalists will display their apps at the CCE at the LA Auto Show and compete for a chance to win a prize package including a feature announcement with Ford on stage at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show.
CCE’s panels and discussions will examine the future of the connected car across a broad range of subjects, including automotive cybersecurity, consumer appeal, device connectivity and more. Leading these discussions will be industry luminaries such as Peter Schwartz, internationally-renowned futurist and business strategist; Jim Christy, President and CEO of the Christy Group and former Director of Futures Exploration for the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center; Phil Abram, Chief Infotainment Officer for General Motors and Scott Fischer, a professor and founding Chair of the Interactive Media Division and Associate Dean of Research at the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts. For a full list of panel topics and speakers please visit ConnectedCarExpo.com/schedule.
In addition to the press conferences, expert presentations and double the exhibit space from the previous year, show organizers are introducing the Connected City Summit on Nov. 20. The new event will assemble leaders in the automotive, technology and government sectors to address issues including infrastructure, cyber security and urban architecture evolution.
Ranging from exclusive industry parties to private dining experiences, CCE’s signature networking events are designed to connect featured experts and exhibitors with CCE’s most engaging and discerning attendees. This year’s networking events are made possible with the creativity and support of AT&T Drive, Auto Alliance, Elektrobit, Global Automakers, KPMG, Lixar, OnStar and QNX. Attendees interested in reserving a spot at every event are encouraged to register here for the Premium Pass (includes access to all three days of CCE networking events and educational programming).
On Nov. 18, all press conferences will be held on the floor of CCE. All registered CCE attendees as well as journalists registered for the LA Auto Show Press & Trade Days are welcome to attend. Only the CCE exhibit areas (located in South Hall Lobby) will be open on Nov. 18 and the remaining halls will open on Nov. 19 and 20.
To register for CCE and LA Auto Show Press & Trade Days, please visit: http://registration.experientevent.com/ShowLAS141/.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and Connected Car Expo
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. Press Days for the 2014 LA Auto Show® will be held on Nov. 18 – 20. The show will be open to the public Nov. 21 – Nov. 30. The second annual Connected Car Expo (CCE) will unite automotive and technology professionals in an effort to increase development and foster relationship-building in the connected car industry, providing attendees with access to the key players and top media constructing the future of the connected car. CCE will start on Nov. 18, and continue in conjunction with the 2014 LA Auto Show Press Days. The LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow or via Facebook at facebook.com/LosAngelesAutoShow and sign up for alerts at www.LAAutoShow.com. For more information on CCE please visit http://connectedcarexpo.com/