A 17-year old youth who was burned 40 percent is now receiving treatment at the hospital following an explosion due to gas leak. The incident took place at Kampung Sungai Kelugos in Tutong District.

The Fire and Rescue Department received the emergency call at 6.47, 12th November afternoon, and 2 fire engines were dispatched to the scene. Due to the explosion, the house's kitchen ceiling was damaged. Early investigation revealed that the explosion was the result of a LPG gas leak when the light was ignited. Meanwhile, the victim's mother did not sustain any injury.

Source: Radio Television Brunei