A fire gutted a two-storey house at Simpang 120 Kampung Delima Satu, yesterday. No injuries were reported.

17 firemen and rescuers from the Berakas Fire Station and Women Operation Unit were immediately despatched to the scene to put out the blaze. The house belongs to a local man who lives there with his three family members. According to a statement, the fire was believed to have started from a faulty wiring source. Property loose was estimated to be around 30-thousand dollars.

In this regard, the Fire and Rescue Department reminds the public of the danger of electricity overload. House owners or occupants must hire certified firm to make inspection of the wiring and main board circuit. In the case of fire emergency, the public can call 995.

Source: Radio Television Brunei