While in the country, the First Deputy Chairman of the Council of Muftis of Russia and delegation visited the Omar 'Ali Saifuddien mosque in the capital and Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Damit Girls Arabic Religious Secondary School in Kampung Katok. The visits took place this morning.
At the Omar 'Ali Saifuddien mosque, the delegation was welcomed by Awang Haji Abdul Rajid bin Haji Mohd Salleh, the Director of the Islamic Da'wah Centre; and Awang Haji Amir Hisham bin Haji Masri, the Acting Director of Mosque Affairs. The Russian delegation was briefed on the Omar 'Ali Saifuddien mosque building through a corporate video clip. The Omar 'Ali Saifuddien mosque was inaugurated on the 26th of September 1958 and was the first National mosque built in the country. It is also one of the mosques that acts as the focal point for Major Islamic events in the country.
At the Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Damit Girls Arabic Religious Secondary School, the delegation of First Deputy Grand Mufti of Russia was welcomed by Awang Haji Serudin bin Haji Timbang, the Deputy Permanent Secretary for Policy and Religion at the Ministry of Religious Affairs. Apart from taking a closer look on the curriculum of the Arabic school including the learning of biology and physics, Arabic and English language classes, the delegation also watched students during sewing, cooking, painting and handicraft classes. The delegation was briefed on the school's function and role.
Source: Radio Television Brunei