A local man aged 32 suspected to be involved in illegal drug related activities was arrested in a raid by Narcotics Control Bureau at a house in Kg Pangkalan Gadong.
A search of the house uncovered 22.69 grams of dried leaves believed to be Cannabis and some plants believed to be Cannabis plants. The Bureau also seized 0.8 grams of crystals packed in plastic packets believed to be Methylamphetamine, and apparatus used for illegal drug consumption.
Investigation into the illegal drug activities of the arrestee are ongoing under:
- Section 3A of Misuse of Drugs Acts (MDA), Chapter 27 for the possession of controlled drugs for the purpose of trafficking that carries a minimum penalty of 5 years imprisonment and 5 strokes of the cane and maximum penalty of 20 years imprisonment and 15 strokes of the cane;
- Section 6 (a) of MDA, Chapter 27 for the possession of controlled drugs that carries a penalty of imprisonment of up to 10 years or $20,000 fine or both;
- Section 6 (b) of MDA, Chapter 27 for the consumption of controlled drugs that carries a penalty of imprisonment of up to 10 years or $20,000 fine or both;
- Section 7 of MDA, Chapter 27 for the possession of utensils used for drug consumption that carries a penalty of imprisonment of up to 3 years or $10,000 fine or both; and
- Section 8 of MDA, chapter 27 for the cultivation of cannabis that carries a minimum penalty of 3 years imprisonment or $5,000 fine or both and maximum penalty of 20 years imprisonment or $40,000 fine or both.
The Narcotics Control Bureau reminds the public that drug offences are regarded as serious offences and any involvements in any form of illegal drug activities including the cultivation of plants in which its extraction can be used as controlled drugs.
Any suspicious information relating drug abuse activities may contact 2448877 during working hours or hotline 8777444 after working hours or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Radio Television Brunei